Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's A-OK to Reread in April!


Jen, over at Teach Mentor Texts says that "It's A-OK to Reread in April!"  Well, that is what I'm doing a lot of Thursday and Friday of last week and all of this coming week.  It is Book Fair at my school!!  I love this time.  Seeing kids get so excited to come in and purchase books.  My saying, that all my kids know, is "It's a Book Fair, not a stuff fair."  When I look at the list of merchandise sold it is mostly books, which makes me happy!  The best moment was when one of my kids on Friday bought The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate.  She sat down,  started reading and didn't move for 20 minutes.  She didn't want to go back to class because she knew she would have to stop reading!


I've been doing a lot of rereading picture books to my primary grades.  The ones that I've reread and will continue to reread this week are:  The Ducking Gets a Cookie by Mo Willems, Alien in Underpants Save the World by Claire Freedman, Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin, and I Wanna New Room by Karen Kaufman Orloff.


I think I've reread the Pete the Cat book enough times that I don't have to look at the words anymore!  Hard to believe how many times that I have reread and I'm not tired of it yet; the sign of a great book!


Stacey
@libraryjo92

No comments:

Post a Comment