Monday, April 23, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey and the kids' version borrowed from the wonderful ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.


Once again I can't believe it is Monday again.  I didn't do a lot of reading because of book fair.  It was a great book fair.  I sold 62 copies of Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes!!  I think that I was a little burnt out of reading kids books this weekend.  I read two short kids books.  They were Marty Mcguire Digs Worms by Kate Messner and The Egg of Misery: Fangbone, Third Grade Barbarian by Michael Rex. I really loved both of them.  I'll review them later on this week.  


I really needed a brake from kids books, so I read an adult book this weekend.  I actually felt guilty for reading it.  But I got over it and enjoyed the book.


I'm going to the library on Thursday, I'll post about what I pick up.  I'm looking forward to getting back to normal.  Though I do know one thing that I will be reading this week, my Google Reader!  I've been neglecting it greatly this past week!  I'm scared to see how many posts I'm behind!  Happy Reading


Stacey
@libraryjo92

5 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty about reading adult books! Everybody needs breaks some times! What book did you read?

    One of my coworkers is a HUGE fan of Pete the Cat. She says he is always a hit in storytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with throwing an adult book in there! What did you read? And a big kudos to you for surviving book fair. I think you can treat yourself to whatever you want ;)

    Maria @novalibrarymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started listening to the audio version of Marty McGuire with my kids on the way to school today, very cute. We were laughing out loud, I am sure I will be checking out the new one soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone loves Pete the Cat! That is an amazing amount!
    I love Marty McGuire Digs Worms!- great Earth day book.
    How is Fangbone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really did need a break from the kid books. I read Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton. I feel ready to tackle some more kid books now. I didn't realize how much I needed a break.

    I just love Marty McGuire!! The second one in the series is just as good as the first. I've got some girls that are moving up to 3rd Grade next year that I think will love her!!

    Kellee, Fangbone is interesting. I enjoyed it and I laughed out loud quite a few times, but I don't see it as one that I will pick up and reread over and over. I can see my boys just loving it!

    ReplyDelete