Friday, January 6, 2012

My Good Reads Challenge Update

Wow, I was surprised how hard it is read "new" books!  I never really thought about it before, but I have books that I love to use with certain lessons.  Which means those are books that I've read before.  This has been a real challenge for me, but one that I'm getting so much from.  As you can see two posts below, I've now read 22 books out of my 2012 goal.  I've come across some great books, thanks to the blog Watch. Read. Connect. by Mr. Schu.  You will find the list below of those books and some others that I've found.  If you haven't read these, I suggest you find them at the library.


Blackout by John Rocco
Balloons Over Broadway by Melissa Sweet  (I LOVED this one!!!!)
Sticky Burr: Adventures in Burrwood Forest by John Lechner
Sticky Burr:  The Prickly Peril by John Lechner
Jingle Bells:  How the Holiday Classic Came to Be by John Harris
I Didn't Do It by Patricia MacLachlan (A great poetry book using dogs)


Happy Reading!!!


Stacey



2 comments:

  1. Stacy- I will have to check this out - What a great idea. We could do this as a reading challenge for staff and students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it could be used in so many different ways. I just never realized how hard it is to read books I haven't read before. But it has exposed me to a lot of new children's books.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete