Thursday, July 21, 2016

Book Smiles


Book Smiles

I've got two books that made me smile this week.










26109335The first one is Playtime? by Jeff Mack. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I always love the simplicity of Jeff Mack's books. This one has only two words: playtime and bedtime. Like his other book, Look, the story is played out in the illustrations. I love the back and forth between the child and the gorilla. This is a great story for reading, but for also asking kids questions about the illustrations. Many kids don't know how to "read" illustrations. Since this one has so many details in the illustrations it is a great way to begin showing them how to "read" them.


27164276The other book that made me smile is called 1 Big Salad: A Delicious Counting Book by Juana Medina. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. The cover of this book really caught my interest. There is a picture of a salad, but there are drawings on the items in the salad. This author/illustrator to a simple concept and turned it into something so much more. I think my favorite are the 8 flying walnuts! I can't wait to use this my kids! I plan reading this book with them and then giving them some printed pictures of everyday objects and seeing what they create.

What books have made you smile?

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! My library for one is definitely not a quiet library (well, not all of it, anyway), and that's just the way we like it! We love it when families read together, kids explore the books and play with the puppets, and people just have a good time together surrounded by books! :)

    ReplyDelete