Friday, July 15, 2016

Book Smiles: Eddie the Bully

I am a huge Henry Cole fan! So when I was approached by Little Bee Books to have a change to review Henry Cole's newest book I jumped at the chance! His newest book is called Eddie the Bully. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. This book is a great book for the elementary level because it shows straight forward examples of bullying behavior. Sometimes it is hard for young children to come up with examples, so this book will help with those discussions. A new student comes in and changes the dynamic of the class. I can see lots of discussions coming from the addition of this student. 
28953974

Henry Cole's illustrations are outstanding as usual! His personal story of dealing with a bully at the beginning of the book really adds a lot to the book. It also give a concrete example of a way to deal with a bully. It is something that I will share when I read it to my students and encourage my teachers to read if they are the ones sharing it with students. I will be purchasing a copy or two for my library when it is published on August 2, 2016!



Henry Cole at my school in 2013.
If you ever have the change to have Henry Cole visit your school, I highly recommend it! He is engaging to all ages, from PK-5th and even the adults! I had the pleasure of having him at my school three years ago. We will be trying to have him back this next school year!





What book has made you smile recently?

Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)





No comments:

Post a Comment