Thursday, July 10, 2014

Book Smiles!!

smile bookCan't believe another week has passed and it's time for another #booksmiles post! The summer is going by way too fast!!

My #booksmiles this week is a favorite of mine. I was talking about with a friend, who is looking for some books to read aloud to her son. He loves robots, so Ame Dyckman's Boy + Bot immediately came to mind. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. This is one of my favorites. It's a great story about friendship and acceptance of each others differences. The trailer is also a favorite of mine. I always show it to my Kindergartners and First Graders for summer reading ideas. If I'm talking about Ame's books I have to mention Tea Party Rules. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. This one is just a fun book. I loved watching Cub trying to follow all the Tea Party rules. This will be a popular book in my library next year. I can't look at Ame's newest book, Wolfie The Bunny without smiling. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. I can't wait to a hold of this book! It will be a long wait until February 2015. For now I can just look at the title and cover and smile! 



BookBox: embed book widget, share book list


I also had #bookfriendsmile moment this week. On Monday and Tuesday in Michigan #nErDcampMI was held. My partners in #booksmiles, Niki and Ann both were in attendance. I lived vicariously through their tweets and many other peoples tweets. But they let me know they were thinking of me. This picture just made my day! I was having a bad day and the picture really turned it around. Hopefully one day it will be a picture of the three of us! If you don't already follow Niki (@daydreamreader) and Ann (@KingandKids) on Twitter you really should!

When I first joined Twitter I didn't know what to expect. It was the great unknown. I thought that I might get some new ideas for my library and my lessons. I never expected to form friendships with people I have never met face to face. Twitter has been one of the best Professional Development activities that I have participated in. I'm so happy that I had to join because of a technology class I was taking.

What book or moment made you smile this week?

Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment