Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Four Month Update to My Nerdlution 2015

Back in January many on Twitter were posting about their #nerdlution for 2015. I posted a link to mine, which was a little bit different than most. You can read my original post here. Well now I'm four months into my nerdlution and I wanted to post an update. As a reminder, here are my four big realizations that I came to as I reflected back on my recent years.
  1. I need to make time for me! I can't just keep focusing on school.
  2. I need to make some healthier choices with food and exercise.
  3. I need to declutter some areas in my house. I keep a lot of "things" that I need to let go.
  4. I need to get back to being a presence on Twitter and blogging again. I've really missed it.
Four months in and I'm doing really well. I'm still having the most success with realization number 2. Since January I have lost 37 pounds! I have not been at the weight that I'm at in over 5 or more years! I am very proud of myself because this has taken a lot of work on my part. My principal just posted a quote on her Facebook page that really sums up where I was at in January. The quote is: "I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore or ever again. So I changed." This quote is exactly what I felt in January and I made the changes I needed in order to get me on the path that I'm on today.

I have begun to declutter some of my house. Over spring break I was able to take four bags of clothes that don't fit anymore and donate them to our second hand store. It killed me to have to give away some of my favorites, but if they don't look good because they are too big I just can't keep them. I still have a lot of work to do, but I'm making plans for over the summer.

I have been on Twitter and blogging again. Not as much as I would like, but I'm getting there. I think if I continue to focus on my one little word for the year, balance, I might accomplish more. If I work on balance, I might have more time for me as well. 

Things are not perfect and I wouldn't expect them to be, but I feel much better than I did in January. I can't wait to see where I'm going to go from here.

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment