Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey and the kids' version borrowed from the wonderful ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.

This past week I haven't been doing a lot of reading.  I've had a lot of school work to do.  I'm hopefully setting a schedule for myself this week to chunk my time and allow me time to try and do it all!

I finished Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turage.  At first I wasn't sure how I was going like this book.  The beginning don't really keep my interest, but once I got a few chapters in, I had to finish the book!  It turned out to be a really interesting mystery that kept me guessing until the end.

Right now I'm in the process of reading Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading by Tommy Greenwald.  This is a fun book about "not reading", while you are actually reading the book.  I can see a lot of reluctant readers and great readers really enjoying this book.  I saw that there was another Charlie Joe book:  Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Extra Credit.

I've go two, possible three books up next for me.  This is in preparation for the Mr. Shu/Colby Sharp Book Club on 10/3.  I've got Extra Yarn by Mac Barnett and The Gentleman Bug by Julian Hector on hold for me at the library.  I will pick them up today.  I'm hoping that Rocket Writes a Story by Tad Hills comes in tomorrow, so I can read it before the Book Club.

Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have had trouble finding time to read lately! It's tough because there are so many good books out there! I'm very excited to read Three Times Lucky. I've heard it's an excellent audiobook. Extra Yarn is absolutely adorable. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete