Monday, October 15, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading??


This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey and the kids' version borrowed from the wonderful ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.

I didn't do as much reading as I wanted to this week.  It was a crazy week.  I'm hoping this week calms down, but I don't think it will since my book fair will be coming this week.

I had a chance to read a few picture books I really enjoyed this week.  From the library I pick up 1-2-3 Peas by Keith Baker.  It was just as good as L-M-N-O Peas.  For some reason I just love all the expressions on the peas.  I also got Good News Bad News by Jeff Mack.  This was a great book about turning a bad situation into a good situation.

I didn't read as many picture books because I was reading three chapter books.  I finished the third in the Theodore Boone series, The Accused.  John Grisham is the author of this series.  I have been a fan of John Grisham ever since I read The Firm while visiting my grandparents at their retirement village.  I stopped reading Grisham's adult novels after I while, I lost my taste for them.  But I have really come to love the Theodore Boone series.

Once I finished The Accused, I started on 3 Floors.  This is the second in Patrick Carman's Floors series.  When I went to get my hair done, I forgot to bring 3 Floor with me, so I stopped by the library on the way.  While I was there, I picked up Penny Dreadful by Laurel Snyder.  Once I started it I had to finish it.  Such a great story.  I really enjoyed it and could identify with Penny.  Since I had to finish it, I was glad I had only just started 3 Floors.

This week I will finish 3 Floors and try and get through some picture books that I picked up.

Happy Reading!!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear someone talk about the Theodore Boone series. I used to read Grisham too, & also stopped-just too much of the same. Penny Dreadful does sound great (I looked it up), so guess the serendipity is good! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your titles are on my TBR list---glad to hear you approve, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3yo and I loved Mack's Good News, Bad News. We even did a vlog on it :) http://bit.ly/WpYN32 I love those books that both parents and kids can get into together.

    Maria @ novalibrarymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to buy Theodore Boone when it first came out, but other books just kept piling on my shelf! As you're already on the third book, I'm sure the series is good. I'm hoping to get my hands on it soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand crazy weeks!
    Love Laurel Snyder - enjoy Penny.

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete