Monday, January 4, 2016

My 2016 Nerdlution

nerdlution button tinyI've been doing a lot of thinking about what my Nerdlution should be this year. Last year I carried mine beyond the 50 days. I was very successful, see my post here. This post is also shares my one word for 2016. If you don't know what Nerdlution is, read Christopher Lehman's post with FAQ's.



After much thought, my Nerdlution is year is going to be all about me. My one word for 2016 is balance, which has been lacking in my life. I tend to spend a lot of time working on school work and I don't spend time doing things that aren't related to school. Well over winter break I decided that needed to change! So below is my plan.

*At least one a month get a group of friends together and have dinner out.

*Take two nights each week to work on either my cross stitch project or work on my scrapbook or any other project that has nothing to do with school.


This fall I didn't do a lot of posting to my blog or being a presence on Twitter. I missed all the Twitter chats that I participated in and the friends that I have made. I also didn't do as much reading as I wanted to. So below is my plan for getting back to Twitter, blogging and reading.

*Go to the public library at least twice a month for new books.
*Blog at least twice a week on the books I'm reading. One post will hopefully be my "It's Monday! What Are You Reading" post.
*Be present on Twitter and put on my calendar a reminder for the different chats so that I don't forget.

I'm hoping that this Nerdlution will help me feel less adrift this year. I didn't feel settled and that I was just putting out fire after fire without getting anywhere. I'm going to hold myself to this Nerdlution so that I can start to have a little fun in my life again!

Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

2 comments:

  1. Such a great nerdlution! It seems like a lot of us have given up time to do the things we love lately. Such smart ways to get back to it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete