Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey.  The kid's version was started by the lovely ladies at Teach Mentor Text.

This week has been a very hard week for my family and I. I will get into that in a bit.  As a result, I didn't get a lot of reading done.

Ferret FunI did manage to read one really fun book called Ferret Fun by Karen Rostoker-Gruber.  Click here for a description from Goodreads.  This book just made me laugh.  I loved how it was in a graphic novel format.  This would be a great way to teach younger students how to read graphic novels.  The illustrations were wonderful in this story.  They really added to the enjoyment of the book.


I also finished rereading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling.  This was a way to escape for me this week.  I'm soon going to be starting Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  Which I think is my favorite of the whole series!

Last week my family lost a long-time friend.  Betty was more than just a friend, she was family.  She and my father worked together from 1980 until he retired in 2007.  She has been like a second mother to me since I was five years old.  I don't remember a time without her in my life.  Betty was the most generous, kind person I have ever met.  There was never stranger in her life, they were just friends she hadn't met.  Her voice may be silent, but all of us who knew her will keep her spirit alive by embracing our inner Betty.  

Her funeral is on Thursday, I will be happy when this week is over.  She always wore red.  So I will be rocking my red on Thursday as I celebrate her life.

Happy Reading!!  

And make sure you tell those near and dear to you, how much you love them.

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

2 comments:

  1. So very sorry for your loss. Books can be a great escape and a place of comfort. Hope things smooth out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey, I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. :( I hope the books that find you this week would be perfect to lessen your grief a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete