Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Treat Tuesday!

treatbadge
designed by the amazingly talented Shannon Houghton!

As I posted yesterday I'm trying to read more nonfiction books.  For my Treat Tuesday, I have two more nonfiction selections.  One is actually a poetry book, so I cheated a bit because I read poetry a lot.  My treat was two Christmas cookies that I got out of the freezer!  





The first book I read was The President's Stuck in the Bathtub by Susan Katz.  This is the poetry book.  There were poems about each of President's and little tidbits and interesting facts about each one.  At the end of the book, it listed all the President's and gave them each a "first", meaning something that they were the first president to do that.  I loved all the trivia!  I used it to stump my father who is a history buff!  The only thing that was missing from this book was the sources for all the information.

My second book was Alex the Parrot: No Ordinary Bird: A True Story by Stephanie Spinner.  I have to admit that I passed by this book on the public library display!  While I was checking out my books, I started talking with the Children's Librarian about my nonfiction book gap.  She started talking to me about this book and how it was a true story.  She also told me all about the youtube clips that showed Alex.  I was interested in the story and ended up checking out the book.  I'm so glad that I checked out the book.  I was totally facninated by the Alex the Parrot and the grad student Irene Pepperberg.  It is a must read for everyone!

Here is a video clip of Alex the Parrot.



Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment