Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



 


This meme was started by Sheila at Book Journey and the kids' version borrowed from the wonderful ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.

I think this is a great idea.  From the other blogs listed on Teach Mentor Texts I've gotten quite a few books to add to my to-read pile!!

I just finished  The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate!  I LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!!! I've got quite a few students in mind who will really enjoy the book.

I'm in the process of reading First Girl Scout by Ginger Wadsworth.  I'm enjoying this book more than I thought I would.  I was not a really excited Girl Scout when I was younger.  But as an adult looking back I realize how much I benefited from being in the organization.


I just got a new order in today for my Library/Media Center!  I was so excited to dig in and get my hands on some new books.  After I checked the order in from the packing list, I made my stack for me to read tomorrow morning.  It is my motivation to get up out of bed, I'm still adjusting to the time change.  My pile includes BookSpeak!: Poems About Books, Grandpa Green, I Want My Hat Back, Stuck, and Me...Jane. I'll post my reviews later on during the week.  

Hope everyone had a great Monday.  Happy Reading!!

Stacey

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for The One and Only Ivan! A great book. Your picture book stack is NOT going to disappoint you. They are all excellent! You must tell us what you think of Hat Back!!!!

    ReplyDelete