Saturday, March 7, 2015

Snow Day Book Smile!!

This past Thursday and Friday were snow days for me. After I went through the frustration of realizing I was going to have to shovel again and thinking that it is March and we shouldn't be having snow, I knew I had two use these days. I had a book that I've been excited about since I listen to Matthew Winner's Let's Get Busy podcast featuring Jen Malone and I had to work on my taxes.

18104774I made myself a schedule to work and read but as soon as I started At Your Service by Jen Malone, I realized work was going to have to wait! Click here for a summary on Goodreads. While I was shoveling in the first of three snow storms I listened to the podcast and got really interested in this book. Chloe, the main character, is working as a junior concierge at a hotel in New York. There are all kinds of strange requests that guests want.  I loved finding out as I listened to the podcast, that all of the requests in the book are based on true events! This is a fun read and one that I think my students will enjoy. Jen has another book coming out on May 19th, called Your Invited. Click here for a summary on Goodreads. The summary sounds like it is going to be another fun read! Can't wait!

What book(s) has made you smile recently?

Happy Reading!!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment