Sunday, February 8, 2015

Update To My Nerdlution 2015!

A few weeks ago, at the start of a new year many on Twitter were posting about their #nerdlution for 2015. I posted a link to mine, which was a little bit different than most. I'm almost a month in, so I thought I would post an update. You can read my original post here. 

As I reflected on 2014 I realized that I wasn't really where I wanted to be. So I wrote a letter to myself about where I wanted to be on December 31, 2015 and sealed it up. If I wanted to be at that place at the end of the year, I have to work on me. There were four big realizations that I had.


  1. I need to make time for me! I can't just keep focusing on school.
  2. I need to make some healthier choices with food and exercise.
  3. I need to declutter some areas in my house. I keep a lot of "things" that I need to let go.
  4. I need to get back to being a presence on Twitter and blogging again. I've really missed it.


After a month in and looking back, I've made some progress using these realizations. My one little word for the year is balance. I'm still trying to find it, but once I do it will really help with the first item on my list. I've started be a presence on Twitter again and I've started blogging again. I've got to get caught up on my school blog, but one step at a time. I'm slowly starting to declutter some areas of my house. But it is slow going while I'm still working. I'm looking forward to a relaxing Spring Break of decluttering. And I've made a vow to get most of my school work done at the beginning of Spring Break, so I don't stress the night before I go back.

The biggest success I've had is with realization number two. When I posted a little over a month ago, I weighed the most I ever had. I was not happy with myself at all. So starting on January 5th, I started watching what I ate and started walking more. I have a fitbit and I finally started using all the features. I began to journal my food every day, even writing down those mistakes that I made at the beginning. I try to get 10,000 or more steps in a day. Certain days of the week I stay later at school and I walk. I have to give a shout out to Matthew Winner(@MatthewWinner) and his awesome Let's Get Busy Podcast. I listen to them as I walk. The time walking just flies by and I get to listen to great kidlit interviews! If you are not following him on Twitter or listening to the podcasts, you need to start today! 

Well today I got on the scale and I am down a total of 15.4 pounds!!!!!! I have 11.3 pounds left to go to meet my goal. Once I meet it, I'll set a new goal. If you are still reading this thanks. If you made a #nerdlution for 2015 I hope you are finding success as I am.

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment