Thursday, June 19, 2014

Book Smiles!

smile bookWow, I haven't posted since April! I got caught up and got so busy with the end of school. Something had to give and unfortunately it was this blog. I have missed posting, so I taking this summer to get back in the habit. I think that I might need to make a sticker chart on the calendar. Every day that I post, I'll put a sticker on the calendar.

A few weeks ago some nerdy friends and I were talking about, what else books and blogging. We came up with the hashtag #booksmiles. We agreed to post about books that make us smile. But we wanted to wait until school let out.

I'm finally on summer vacation, so I'm really smiling now! I also have more time to read, which also makes me smile.

Here is the first book that made me smile this summer:


18349886

Growing up I always loved the bloopers on television and in the movies. This book brought me back to my children and made me laugh out loud.

I just found a blog post at Design of the Picture Book going behind the scenes with Tom Lichtenheld the illustrator of this book. It is a great post about how he came up with the illustrations.

What book has made you smile? Use the hashtag #booksmiles on Twitter, leave a comment on the blog so we can find more books that make us smile. Also don't forget to check out  Daydream Reader's post on her blog. The book that made her smile is now on my to read list! Also keep a eye on King and Kids blog for her first #booksmiles post.

Happy Reading!

Stacey (@libraryjo92)

No comments:

Post a Comment